Craft Napa January 9-13, 2019 RECAP!
My response to teaching here? Will always be a, "YES, Please!" .....Why, you ask?
1. Perfect way to get YOUR creative mojo going after the long holiday season. January is YOUR MONTH!
2. Top notch teachers, colorful variety of an extremely fun group of makers who laugh and make simultaneously!
3. Classes offered from stitching, printing, dyeing to sewing and painting. All kinds of textile art to explore.
4. Set in gorgeous Napa California. Magic is in the air and it radiates from the art work done here.
5. Artisan Market, Creativity Luncheon, Private Movie Showing (with the movie maker) adds spice to the week!
Take a look at what my students did in the barn. I am so proud of them. Lots of natural light and room for creative work!
Pokey Bolton is the founder of Craft Napa, her latest endeavor and it's a retreat that I highly recommend. With an impressive resume to boast, Pokey is the founder of two quilt magazines, hosted PBS Quilting Arts TV, was Chief Creative Officer at Quilts Inc and now that she has moved to Napa, built an AMAZING Art Barn and sharing her dreams with us!
I believe she is just ramping up!
Color everywhere. Layers upon layers.....YUM!
I was lucky to be invited to teach and be the keynote speaker at The Creativity Luncheon. The event was a true, fill your cup kind of artist & sisterhood pow-wow. I got to preach my favorite belief "we are all creative". We just need to support our creativity....
Harness it. Nourish it. Run with it.
Sunrise walk behind barn. Mist, light, shadows and tucked in that valley is Pokey's Art Barn....Magical.
Here is a sample of some of the quilts on the end of the second day....WOW, right?? So get in on the fun! If you want to do this quilt on your own, Go for it! I do have a couple of previous posts about my Polygon Quilt pattern
Mark your calendar for January 8-11, 2020.
Stay tuned to learn more. Craft Napa will be celebrating it's fifth year: Established, yet still a secret! Will you tell your friends? :) I hope so!
Stories from the Studio
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel