Elephant and I Quilt and Pillow Pattern PDF DOWNLOAD
This is a PDF Download
Finished Quilt: 50" x 56"
Finished Pillow: 24" x 24"
Stitch a scrap-friendly quilt and pillow inspired by Jennifer Sampou’s travels to Thailand.
The best-selling fabric designer pairs paper-pieced and appliquéd motifs with a background of easy-to-sew strips. Gender-neutral and customizable, this artistically modern design is a definite showpiece. The full-size pattern includes complete instructions to make a quilt and a matching pillow. Proceeds from the sale of this pattern will be donated to Elephant Nature Park in Thailand, whose mission is to provide a rescue and rehabilitation center for elephants.
• Unique, gender-neutral design with full-size patterns
• Soft background with a splash of vibrant color
• Paper-pieced, appliquéd elephant and person motifs
Yardage based on 42"-wide fabric
- Colorful fabric scraps (for appliqué): 30-40 pieces of fabric, at least 5" x 8" each.
- Light- to medium-value neutrals (for background): 1/8-1/2 yard each of 11 different fabrics, to total approximately 3 1/2 yards.
- Heavy twine: 8 pieces 7" long for tail
- Tracing paper of foundation paper
- Lightweight fusible interfacing: 1/4 yard
- School glue stick
- Binding: 3/8 yard
- Backing: 3 3/8 yards
- Batting: 58" x 64"
- Add-A-Quarter ruler (optional)